Friday, June 28, 2013

Wrath Of The Tiger Hot Sauce Review

Wicked Cactus Head Hunter's Paradise Hot Sauce

If anyone out there has been reading along, you may have noted that I've been on the search for a while now for a vaunted Asian style sweet chili sauce that I had a number of years ago, loved and couldn't find again. I've gone through several sweet garlic chili sauces and sweet chili sauces in the hopes, maybe not so much that one of them was it, but that one of them was close or along the same level. After miss after miss after miss, I finally have something worthy.

This sauce is by far the closest, with lovely chunks of the Thai peppers, dried, of course and some additional items like ginger and horseradish (which appears very little) to round out things. It is a good balance of sweet and sort of hot. This is another sauce from Wicked Cactus that has very different levels of heat in the beginning stages as it does the rest of the bottle, despite heavy agitation. This is not enough to make me not buy this, but it is prevalent enough for me to note.

I've found this to work very well across a fairly wide variety of dishes, Asian, of course, but some others I didn't expect. It is a very good tasting sauce and I'm nearing the end of the bottle already. This is the first entry in their line I would consider buying again and after the dismal performance of the earlier two bottles I opened and reviewed from them, it's good to see.

Bottom line: While this is not an exact replica of that earlier mystery sauce, I think this may be the closest I'm going to get and I'm thrilled to death to find it. There are a number of things that I could think of to improve, but nothing else is even in the running.

Breakdown:

       
Heat level: 4
        Flavor: 8
        Flexibility: 8
        Enjoyment to dollar factor: 8

Overall: 7

No comments:

Post a Comment