Friday, August 23, 2013

Amazon Hot'N Sweet Mango Hot Sauce Review

Amazon Hot 'N Sweet Mango Sauce

I got this one as part of a 4 pack, itself something I ordered to basically hit free freight from peppers.com on my last order, figuring if I got one sauce that I liked it, it would be better than paying freight. As it stands, so far I'm thinking I should have just ordered another bottle of Pure Death (reviewed elsewhere in this blog).

This is a sauce listed as mild and I busted it out since I was having Chick Fil-A chicken nuggets. I very quickly abandoned it as it took a fairly good-tasting breading and made it atrocious. I next tried it a few days later on a different chicken dish and later on fish and the taste is simply not good. It's a sour vaguely-mango-ish slightly-vinegary sauce with an hint of what is almost like spoiled habaneros. This is a sauce that detracts from whatever it's put on and the heat is entirely absent. There is literally no reason to use this sauce for anything and so far, the Amazon 4-pack is batting .000. 1 down, 3 to go...

Bottom line: As the conclusion of me posting this review, I'm going to toss this mostly full 3.3 fl. oz. bottle into the trash, which pretty much says it all, I think. In case it doesn't, this is a complete bust.

Breakdown:

         Heat level: 0
         Flavor: 0
         Flexibility: 0
         Enjoyment to dollar factor: 0

Overall: 0

No comments:

Post a Comment