Sunday, June 4, 2017

Private Selection Jalapeno Tomatillo Hot Sauce Review

Private Selection Jalapeno Tomatillo Hot Sauce

This, then, brings us right to the end of the 4 sauces of the Kroger Culinary Hot Sauces. What I had hoped for with this one was sort of repetition of the Salvation Sauce from Danny Cash, for which my wife has been increasingly vocally requesting. That is by far her favorite sauce of any I've gotten. Few are those she can or is willing to eat and fewer still the ones she enjoyed, but she loved that one and would greatly prefer it stay on hand. A sauce I have to perpetually order in is kind of pain, though, particularly when I am not placing sauce orders online with any frequency at all. So, I was cautiously hopeful when I saw this one as it could at least possibly be a much easier and probably ultimately more practical solution.

This one also typifies another of the issues I have with these sauces, besides the fact that only one of them I would consider purchasing again and that is a dropper cap on a glass bottle. It is a larger opening on the restrictor, to be sure, but still a large scale PITA with all of these sauces. This one will take some solid usage to get enough distance in there to really be able to get it cohesively back out again, which is annoying.

There is no heat to this, as expected and in flavor, it falls very short of the Danny Cash wonder stuff. However, wonder of wonders, my wife seems to really like the highly astringent nature of this (well beyond anything enjoyable to me and certainly beyond the Salvation Sauce), so I won't ever be using it, but we have easy access to it and my wife alone will now have a sauce of her very own in the door to use and enjoy at her leisure and to refill with ease.

Bottom line: I think you could probably put this with something else and make a fairly acceptable tomatillo sauce...or you could just make a fairly acceptable tomatillo sauce to begin with. I don't find this necessary in any context, but if you are in a situation similar to the one portrayed above, this may be of some use.

Breakdown:

            Heat level: 1
            Flavor: 5
            Flexibility: 3
            Enjoyment to dollar factor: 2

Overall: 3

No comments:

Post a Comment