Wednesday, July 24, 2024

Local Hive Honey Mango Habanero Hot Sauce Review

Local Hive Honey Mango Habanero


I'm debating just directing you to the review I did for the other sauce on this blog from Local Hive, the Honey Habanero sauce (review here: https://d-dubtsaaf.blogspot.com/2024/07/local-hive-honey-habanero-hot-sauce.html) as these sauces are at least somewhat similar. The bones of both is identical, but whereas that one leaned a bit more into the carrot and garlic flavoring, this one is definitely pointed more at a tropical fruit vibe, with undercurrents of mango. 

Indeed, heat level and uses are the same, which is not surprising, given that this sauce, unless I miss my guess, is built on the other one, with the addition of mango, but I will also say that this one is my strong preference. As delicious as I found that one, I find this one even moreso and I think this one goes a long way towards highlighting just how awesome an ingredient sweet mango can be. So, rather than repeating what I said in that review, I will just direct you to go read it and just picture it this variant for yourself, as you consider the wonders of a gorgeous and tasty sauce of honey and a general sort of tropical fruit vibe, along with some grace notes of mango, garlic, and Habanero. The genius of Local Hive is once again in ready evidence here and finds like this are why I never give up on checking grocery store shelves, sporadically as it may be.

Bottom line: This is an absolute stunner of a sauce and if you're a fan of fruit-based sweet hots, even though the heat here is very moderate, this one is absolutely a must. 

Breakdown:

           Heat level: 1
           Flavor: 10
           Flexibility: 4
           Enjoyment to dollar factor: 10

Overall: 6

No comments:

Post a Comment