Thursday, September 26, 2024

Redacted Honey Trap Hot Sauce Review

Redacted Honey Trap


I love some good cheek, a fair good bit of cheek, one might even say, and finding this, a sauce company out of Tampa, who has apparently decided to take spycraft as their motif, albeit by way of something more akin to perhaps the fine work of the late great Leslie Nielsen. The entire website is decked out in all this glory and apparently this is another newer company, one I was not aware of at all until taking in the magnificence of the newest BYT location. There I spotted it and was instantly hooked by the label design and sauce names.

So we here we have honey and one of the more undersung pods for me, the venerable Scotch Bonnet, which is a great base, to be sure. There are also some carrots and mangos in there to kind of round things out, but neither shows up particularly in the flavor profile. This is much more the Bonnet & honey show and I think the sauce is better for it. Here, for instance, on perhaps great display, is a very good example of the taste relation between the Bonnets and their more ubiquitous, but not as good, as far as I’m concerned, cousins, the Habanero.

A good hot sauce, a good sweet hot in particular, will always have a place in my fridge...at least for a while until I clear the bottle and this is another I had to put the brakes on, so as to have enough left to shoot a video for it. To say I enjoyed using it would be an understatement and this is a pretty ringing introduction for the company. I definitely will be checking through more of their sauces, but as for this one, this style of sauce works very well in places you might use honey, so fried foods, but I wound up throwing it around a bit more than that. It’s not quite sweet enough to be used in a dessert context, though I also tried that, but as long as where you want to put it would be good with honey, this is a winner.

Bottom line: A very strong entry from one of the newer companies on the horizon, definitely worth getting if you like honey-based sauces and want to get a feel for the Scotch Bonnet in comparison to the Habanero.  

Breakdown:

           Heat level: 1
           Flavor: 9
           Flexibility: 7
           Enjoyment to dollar factor: 10

Overall: 7

No comments:

Post a Comment