Saturday, September 26, 2026

Coney Island Saucery Radscorpion Venom Hot Sauce Review

Coney Island Saucery Radscorpion Venom

For this one, as with the Vault-Tec hot sauce, reviewed elsewhere in these pages, the emphasis is on sour. Berry sauces I think tend to work best with red meat and cheeses and sometimes desserts, but only when they're also on the sweeter side. This one approximates a vinaigrette more than anything else and I'll just say it. It does make a fine vinaigrette, albeit one considerably thicker than those typically run. We have the vinegar and double acid combination of the other sauce, which leaves the flavors coming across in the following manner: rice vinegar, then raspberry, then a very slight after grace note of superhot bitter, but not enough to be intrusive, just somewhat present. 

While I wouldn't say this is a bad sauce per se, it is not a very good one, either, unless you like sour hot sauces. I do not particularly, so I'm probably the worst audience for this, given that I'm not much a fan of vinaigrettes per se, either. Even if salads were somewhat safer to eat currently, that is not why I buy hot sauces, particularly more expensive ones that have to pay for IP licenses and are maybe intended more as collectibles. I did try this on meats and didn't find it enjoyable either on chicken tendies or on burgers. Again, not bad, but very much not what I wanted. 

Even though this uses Scorpion powder for the heat, this doesn't really get very hot. It is a bit more than the other one, but only ever so slightly. The best use I found for it was pairing it with the much sweeter I Scream Klown hot sauce, also reviewed elsewhere here, which solved the problem of both of these sauces at once, but chocolate is not something I tend to want anywhere other than on desserts. As I have about equal amounts of both sauces left, that is probably where I will use up the rest of both, pairing them together, but this sauce was definitely not at all what I wanted or particularly a match for my palate. 

Bottom line: The second half of the Vault Dwellers set and if you would like a hot sauce closer to a raspberry vinaigrette reduction, this might be worth a go...again, my advice, as with the other, is to wait for this to go on sale. 

Breakdown:

            Heat level: 1
            Flavor: 2
            Flexibility: 2
            Enjoyment to dollar factor: 2

Overall: 2
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do not include links in your comments. Comments with links will be deleted.