Klowns On Fire! I Scream Klown
It took me a bit to get to this, but the first notes out of the gate were a nice heavy dark chocolate. The tone of this changed somewhat as I both got more into the bottle and agitated it more, with the raspberries coming to the fore, but also pushing a slightly cloying sense to them. Overall, I did find this a bit overly sweet for me and most of that is because of the raspberry aspect. This, however, is not necessarily a huge detriment. Let me explain.
Given the presence of the mighty mighty Reapers and the pretty clear intent that this be a topping for ice cream, I suspect the heat presence is driven up a bit accordingly to accommodate. Digging heavily into this on non-ice cream stuff will get a nice building burn that will probably be overly intense for most normies, so a little of this will go a ways. For me, it is more that raspberry that I can't really take in heavy doses, as I don't really have much of a sweet tooth, but as an accent, this is a lovely chilehead dark chocolate syrup.
Of course, given that you have to pair both chocolate and raspberry, which I do wish was more fresh raspberry than as processed as it comes across here, it may cut down on the dessert things you would like to pair with it, but I tried a number of different dessert sweets and didn't really find any where it didn't work. Obviously, this is not going to go well, nor is it meant to go at all, on regular entree or savory items, but for what it is, I found it to be a pretty solid entry overall.
Bottom line: When I envision a chilehead dessert dark chocolate syrup in my head, this so far has come the closest to what I had in mind, despite being a tad overly sweet.
Breakdown:
Heat level: 2
Flavor: 8
Flexibility: 3
Enjoyment to dollar factor: 7
Overall: 5

No comments:
Post a Comment
Please do not include links in your comments. Comments with links will be deleted.